Portraits


Camila - Rexburg, ID, 5/27/2010, Late-afternoon - f/3.5, 10/800, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H7 - Sharpness, photo filer and airbrhising


Camila and purple flowers - Rexburg, ID, 5/27/2010, Late-afternoon - f/3.2, 10/1250, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H7 - Sharpness and airbrushing


Just Friends - Rexburg, ID, 5/24/2010, Mid-afternoon - f/3.5, 10/60, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H50 - Sharpness adjustment, airbrushing, vignette and replaced color


Daviana - Rexburg, ID, 5/24/2010, Mid-afternoon - f/2.7, 10/1250, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H50 - Sharpness, vignette


Christina - Rexburg, ID, 5/24/2010, Mid-afternoon - f/3.5, 10/200, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H50 - Sharpness, vignette and airbrushing


Cade Studying - Rexburg, ID, 5/26/2010, Late-afternoon - f/3.2, 10/50, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H7 - Blur and airbrushing

I really love taking portrait pictures. It gives me artistic freedom, because I can make my subject (the model) change position or express different emotions. You just can't do that when you're photographing a landscape for example. Most of these were taken in aperture priority mode with relatively low number and slightly zoomed in. I particularly like the bokeh in the first picture of Camila. I changed some colors in the group picture to have them all match. I think that a little airbrushing is a must for every portrait, especially close-ups. My favorite part is watching the reaction of the models when they see the final product.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I really like your portraits, especially the group photo. The fact that they are all wearing the same colors makes the photo even better. I also like your photo of Christina because her eyes really stick out so much and draw you in.

Katrina said...

I like the first portrait of Camila. It has nice composition and has some nice bokeah in the background. I also like how her purple eyeshadow pops out. You have some nice photography skills!

Lee Bartelme said...

Great job with the airbrushing. The skin looks flawless. I haven't looked into how to do that yet and I want to play around with it.

Andrea said...

Wow I really love your first portrait. It looks like it could be in a magazine.
Also I love your group portrait, I agree with Amber, the colors they are wearing look great! Good job :)

Lishelle Simpson said...

I really really like the first one a ton! But I love all of them as well! These are so great! You did a great job capturing all these people!

Katie said...

WOW!!! I love all your portraits! They are beautiful! I like that you picked the color scheme for the just friends picture! It looks really cool! Also the coloring is really pretty!