Jpeg Edits with Camera Raw


Chapel edited


Chapel - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010 mid-afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/4, 10/32000, ISO 160

I took this picture when the sun was really strong and it came out a little underexposed, so I wanted to brighten it a up and make the shadows not so strong. It was my first experience with camera raw and I wasn't all that impressed. Sure it is convenient, but I didn't think the results were better than what you get with Photoshop. Well, it's probably because I still don't now how to use it very well. I played with all of the different settings, and the basics were the ones that made the most difference. I liked how easy it was to a add vignette.

4 comments:

Laura Rovig said...

I also really like the vignette. Raw is pretty cool because you can alter the photo and then bring it into photoshop to do the fun effects. Great photo!

Joshua said...

The brightness adjustments are nice on this picture. The look and feel changed due to the slight edits you used.

Lee Bartelme said...

The detail on the bricks came out and the it looks more crisp. It may just be me but it seems like it might be a little washed out.

Anonymous said...

Really good edit with bringing the colors out and more vibrant. SWEET!