Luminosity Effect


Kristen at the Hotel (edited)


Kristen at the hotel - Bannack, MT, 5/21/2010, early afternoon - f/3.2, 10/600, ISO 100, Sony DSC - H50

Before I started following the tutorial to create this affect I applied some portrait enhancement techniques to the picture, which made it look less grainy, and gave it sharper details. I follow the tutorial until the part where it said to lock the transparency layer. It didn't work, but then I unlocked it again and I was able to do what I had to. I played with the gradient settings for a while until I got something I liked. I added the text and set the blending mode to soft light.

2 comments:

Lee Bartelme said...

Great job on this one. I tried the luminosity effect as well, but yours just looks so much better. After seeing a few other examples of the effect I think I would have taken my picture much differently.

Amber said...

Your luminosity photo is really really great. The lighting on her face really lends itself to an effect like this. You have definitely shown your skills, especially by using a larger photo and being able to see the light and cropping it to get the desired look. Nice job! Has Kristin seen this one? She should definitely know and see how good she looks here!