Portrait Enhancements


Camila and Cherry Blossoms (edited)


Camila and Cherry Blossoms - Rexburg, ID, 5/27/2010, Late Afternnon - f/2.7, 10/3200, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H7


Camila by the fence (edited)

Camila by the fence - Rexburg, ID, 5/27/2010, Late-afternoon - f/2.7, 10/4000, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H7


Jamie 2 (edited)


Jamie 2 - Dubois, ID, 5/21/2010, Morning - f/2.8, 10/10000, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H50


Couple - Rexburg, ID, 5/24/2010, Mid-afternoon - f/2.8, 10/400, ISO 100, Sony DSC-H50

Portraits take a long time to edit because there are so many details to enhance, but it's worth it. I enhanced all of my portraits by airbrushing the skin, whitening teeth, sharpening eyes, etc. The best way I found to sharpen is by using high pass. It makes a lot of difference. I changed the color on Camila's shirt, but because there are so many colors I had to do the process a couple times. I matched the picture of Jamie with the color in the picture of the couple. It was originally too dark, so I changed some of the settings in the match color box until I got something I liked.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I love love your luminosity photo of kristin. That was a perfect photo to use! I also liked your photo of Jamie. She has great skin and her hair looks really great too! You have such photogenic people in your photos and you are also a great photographer!

Katrina said...

I really like the one of Jamie! Her skin looks so smooth! Great job! I like the changed colors on Camila's shirt too. The colors don't distract as much from the picture.

Andrea said...

Camilla is so pretty! The edits you did on her are great (but it helps when you have a good model right?) And Jamie's picture is gorgeous. Love it!

Lishelle Simpson said...

These are really great shots! The color replacement one is cool because it turns more of the focus onto Camila and not on the bright colors of the shirt. They all look really great!

Katie said...

I really like your picture of Jamie, it looks really good! Also her skin looks really smooth and the composition is cool!