Panoramics


The Roundabout Panoramic - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, late afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/4.5, 10/60, ISO 100 - color and saturation adjustments


The Roundabout 4 - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, late afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 10/600, ISO 100


The Roundabout 3 - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, late afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 10/800, ISO 100


The Roundabout 2 - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, late afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 10/600, ISO 100


The Roundabout 1 - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, late afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 10/1250, ISO 100



Taylor Quad Panoramic - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 1/5000, ISO 100 - color adjustment


Taylor Quad 1 - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO 100


Taylor Quad 2 - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO 100


Taylor Quad 3 - Rexburg, ID, 5/15/2010, afternoon - Sony DSC-H50, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO 100

This week I was hoping to go on a little road trip with a friend to take panoramic pictures of some mountains. Well, that didn't work out, so I had to stretch my imagination and once again find something interesting to photograph in Rexburg. The pictures of the Taylor were the very first ones. They were kind of a test, and I didn't think they would come out very good because the sun was very strong. At the end, I decided that I really like them. I explored Rexburg riding my bike, but I didn't find anything too exciting, and the sun was just not willing to help. I took some pictures of the roundabout that I liked, but I wasn't completely satisfied with the lighting. After an entire day of bad pictures, I came back to the roundabout 20 minutes before I was supposed to return the camera and took the same pictures but with much better lighting. I took all of these in landscape mode. I was too lazy to use a tripod, but they came out just fine without it. I found that it was better when I took pictures vertically, or what you would call portrait orientation. Although you have to take more pictures, that makes the size of the picture more proportional and not so "skinny," unless the subject is far way like the Taylor building, then you would want to photograph horizontally, otherwise all you get is sky and the ground. Photoshop did a great job putting these together, but I had to do some cloning at the end.

4 comments:

Laura Rovig said...

Great tips on the landscape and portrait modes! I love the lighting in the roundabout photo, I couldn't tell it was the round about so you did a good job of making it look different than what we normally see in Rexburg!

Joshua said...

I took my same pano at the quad. I must say I like yours a LOT more than mine :] I really liked the descriptions you gave.

Lee Bartelme said...

The framing on of the picture with the parking lot and flowers is really good. It makes the boring parking lot actually look really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The Taylor quad is awesome!! Great angle and color. Great Job!!