Cut outs






Rexburg, ID - f/2.7, 1/400 ISO 100 - Sony DSC-H7




Rexburg, ID - f/4.0, 1/250, ISO 100 - Sony DSC-H7 - dodge and burn

The easy selection tool did a good job selecting the flower because of the contrast in color. I still had to go back and fix the corners, and the polygonal lasso tool worked pretty well for me.
The little well was mainly geometric, so I used the polygonal lasso tool again and it worked just fine. I used the easy selection tool to select the rocks, but it was a little harder because the background has a similar color. I used the rectangular marquee tool to select the bottom part.
After selecting, I control-clicked and made a layer via copy.

2 comments:

Erica Arguello said...

I like the yellow flower you cutout. It is hard to get around every little petal, and it looks like you really got around those edges. It looks smooth, which is what we want.

Jace said...

You did great with the flower. It takes a lot of work getting around all of those edges, and you did a good job. Bem feito amigo!